Thursday 10 January 2008

Orientation


Today was the first day of orientation and it really helped to start getting some of my questions answered. I look forward to tomorrow where we get a tour of campus so that I can start knowing my way around a little better. Its very rainy and windy so its not find to wonder around and try to find things. Mitch's roommate came back from vacation and she is from Massachusetts and has been here for the fall term as well. She is a wonderful resource because she has already figured out the answer to many of my questions. Also, she likes to cook!!! She made us Miso soup and fried rice for dinner! I look forward to my two female flat mates moving in! My fuse still isn't fixed but I am hopeful that tomorrow will be the day! I am also looking forward to going to the store and buying pillows and such that will make sleeping a bit nicer. Although, when Mitch and I asked a woman today if they had bed toppers she looked at us like we were crazy! I am feeling more excited now about the semester and I am looking forward to classes starting (especially my Physical Theater class!) I am a little worried about grading being so different BUT.....its only pass fail and I feel that if I try I will be fine! And I'm very interested in learning here so I think I will try very hard to learn all I can which can't hurt my grades! The picture I am including today is one of a Ben and Jerry's Ice cream machine which is AWESOME!!! It was in the campus restaurant called Origins which is in Darwin college....get it? I still miss home very much but today was a good day and I feel very good about it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a GREAT adventure you are on! This blog is a great way for you to remember and share it and I look forward to reading it. Be safe! Love you!

Papa