Saturday 2 February 2008

This Weekend's Adventure!

I have made it a goal to go somewhere every weekend! It doesn't have to be far....just somewhere! This weekend, Daniel and I tried to go to Leeds Castle (which incidentally is not in the town of Leeds which is very far North) but Leeds Castle is very hard to reach by public bus and we have to start really early in the day to be able to fully enjoy the Castle! Instead we decided to go to Herne Bay and Whitstable, which are two towns on the English Channel! Herne Bay was a lovely place to visit. Its a small seaside (well channel side) town which seems like it will have a lot going on when it gets a bit warmer! It had a lot of seaside attractions but only a few of them were open because its not the season to be by the sea! We did see this Golden dome thing out in the ocean (I've included a picture for your viewing pleasure!) which I'm pretty sure is a secret entrance to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! When it gets warm enough I will swim out there and if you never hear from me again....well I'm an Umpa Loompa! There were also trash cans shaped like fun animals (bear, dolphin, frog) but my favorite was the PENGUIN! It told you, "Good Job!" when you put trash in it! I think Herne Bay has solved the world's litter problem!



Next, we went to Whitstable and that was fun too, although I like Herne Bay a bit better. Whitstable did have a Castle....but it was one of the less impressive ones I've seen. Its really funny because whenever Daniel and I talk excitedly about a castle the European students are like eh....But we don't have castles all over the place back home so they're very exciting to us! We couldn't go into this one though...so it wasn't as exciting as some others. But it did have a lovely garden! It was a good adventure all around! I hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey stagegirl,

Where are you?

Grayson said...

Hey Martha! Sounds like your having a bloody good time in grand ol' England!

I love reading you blog and seeing what you've been up too, so keep it up! My friend Corey, from London, always goes on and on about the British food he can't find over here.

He recommends the pasties, pork pies, Scottish eggs, and Sausage rolls... oh and something called toad-in-a-hole

All things will kill you before you make it back to the US of A, but at least you'll die happy.

Cheers!

Grayson