Wednesday 6 February 2008

Sandwich

have never really had my alarm not go off so that Today was kind of a whirlwind day! (But fun nonetheless)! I woke up this morning at 8:50 and quickly realized that my seminar was at 9 and I had 10 minutes to get there (its a good 10-15 minute walk)....so I was kind of freaking out! I made it though just as she reached my name on the registrar! What luck! (I would like to point out that I think that is one of the few times in my life that I have ever unintentionally overslept...I mean there are times when I decide the night before to not go or decide to cut it close but Iwas a new experience for me! But I made it and all was well!

Then, when I got back to the house from seminar Daniel asked if I wanted to go one a trip to Sandwich....and no one should ever turn down a trip to Sandwich and so I said yes and got ready for that in about 10 minutes as well! Sandwich is about 30 minutes away by bus and is a lovely little town by the English Channel. It is the origin of sandwiches thanks to John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich! Also, in the year 1255 the first captive Elephant was landed in England...but that is neither here nor there.... And so when we (several American students and myself) arrived in Sandwich our first mission was to find a sandwich! So we walked across the street from the bus stop and found a lovely French deli! I got a ham and cheese sandwich and it was delicious! I forgot how good French sandwiches are...on a baguette...with butter...mmmmm!

But the town of Sandwich has much more to offer than delicious sandwiches! Its a really neat small town with very old buildings and a nice city wall walk around the whole town! It also has a lot of history! It was one the training grounds for The Black Prince and his army who defeated the French...in a battle I can't spell! But it was a good adventure and I look forward to going back to Sandwich because its a nice place to spend a day! Now it is time for bed! I hope everyone is doing well and I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

stagegirl723 said...

So this blog got messed up when I posted it but the pictures....the Blog begins, "So this day was kind of a whirlwind day" and that first part goes at the beginning of the last line of the first paragraph.
Just think of it like a puzzle!!!