Thursday 28 February 2008

The Lion King

Last night Caitlyn and I made our way to London for the day to see the Lion King! Her house mate, Mikey (who is French), and his friend Leo met us in London and we went to The Tate Modern art gallery! It was really cool to look at all the art and, best of all, FREE! Then we met up with Megan and Emily (who are both from UT as well) and we traveled to the theater to pick up our tickets at willcall. Then we found this great Indian restaurant! The food was so good and they had a pre-theater special so we all just got that! Then we went back to the theater and saw the show! It was AMAZING!!! I had seen The Lion King once before but it was still as touching the second time! The opening number, Circle of Life, is so amazing it made me cry! It encapsulates what musical theater is about, I think. I was very glad I was able to see the show for a second time!

Also, as some of you may have noticed my blogs have been getting more and sparse as I get further along in the semester! This is because I have become busier and busier! I
making really wonderful friends and have been out of the house much more recently! I feel like I'm really finding my place and that is a wonderful feeling! Also, my play is getting closer and closer! I'm so excited to be in a performance and I think auditioning for this play was one of the best decisions I made in my first month here! And my other big bit of news is that Chelsea comes on SATURDAY!!!! I am so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm excited to show someone the place I've been living for the last two months!
Well, that's all for now! I hope you all are doing well! I miss you all!

No comments: