Tuesday 12 February 2008

Tea Time!

A few days ago Claire, Lena, Daniel and I went to Tiny Tim's Tearoom which is in a haunted building and a very nice place to have tea! It was fun to have afternoon tea and I even got some finger sandwiches that were ever so tasty! We had fun talking and enjoying our tea and afterwards you can go upstairs and go into the haunted room! Claire wouldn't go all the way in....just a foot! Since it was day it wasn't that scary but I'm glad I had company!

As we were walking through the town to get to the Tearoom there was a parade going on and men on horses dressed in knight's garb! Daniel and I kept trying to figure out what holiday it could possibly be but when we finally got close enough a man handed us a flier about a book release! That's intense advertising! It was neat to see, though! They had a full band and everything!

Other than that I haven't been up to too much lately. I have pretty fully settled into life here...every now and again something will catch me off guard and I will realize very suddenly that I am, in fact, in a different country. My new bedding has made such a big difference! I sleep better now and I feel more rested! My house mates make fun of me because they say these beds are soft for them...not hard, but having a cozy bed has made a big difference in how I feel about everything!

Next week is a big week for me, I have to write my first paper and I have a solo performance in my Physical Theater class! I am very nervous about my solo performance! We have to create a 5 minute piece to share with the class and I am not exactly sure what to do. This class is certainly stretching me as an actress and as a person! It is a struggle, but a healthy one!

I am trying to work out my month off from school and what I plan to do. It is like a giant puzzle and I am trying to make the pieces fit together. It will work out in the end and anywhere I can't get to is only postponed to another adventure!

I got three different packages this week and everyone has been so wonderful! One full of food goodies that make my homesickness better! Another with a fun game that I can't wait to play with my friends here and at home and some cards! And the last was the gift of playing my tunes out loud!!! You guys rock and I can't thank you enough cause every package is really wonderful and makes me very, very happy! Thank you all again for thinking of me! Love you!

No comments: