Friday 28 March 2008

Pub Comedy!

Last week was absolutely crazy and AMAZINGLY fun!!! March 20-22 was my show! The show was called Pub Comedy and was student written and student produced and so very funny! I played a bartender in the pub named Alice. Alice is the nice girl in the pub and the love interest of the main character. The whole show was set in a pub and had several plot lines and many fantasy sequences. I've included pictures of the whole cast a crew and two of my favorite parts of the play which were a fight between a cowboy and a pirate and the character of Tim the Satanist. I will put up a video of Tim the Satanist that will explain it better than I ever could. (The way that casting turned out all the nice characters in the show had curly hair and all the mean people had strait hair....so on the last night we straightened the curly haired people's hair, and tried to curl the straight haired people, which is why my hair is straight in these pictures.) The show was really wonderful, but the best part was all the fun people I met by doing it! Everyone was so much fun to work with and so dang funny! My experience here would have been really different without this show. And I have made so many wonderful friends through it who have really made this experience so much richer and for that, I am very grateful! It is also nice to know that you can go thousands of miles away and still find your niche. I hang out with theater kids here and feel very much at home, like I'm at the theater department back at UT....only everyone is speaking with a British accent!

1 comment:

Mitch said...

wow, Martha that was really nice. I had no idea.