Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Lost Blogs: Adventures with Emily!

My friend Emily and her mom have come over from the states to visit me! Emily has come for the last two weeks of my time here and will be my flying buddy on the journey back! Her mom is here for the first week and then will fly back leaving Emily and I tie up all my loose ends!
One of the best adventures we went on was to Dover Castle. This is my fourth time visiting Dover but only my second time going into the Castle. For those movie buffs out there, Dover Castle was the main filming site for The Other Boleyn Girl. One of the coolest things about Dover Castle are the “Secret Wartime Tunnels” which were used during WWII as a defense against German forces who had taken over France from invading England. But Dover Castle is full of history from all different eras of English history. Another adventure we went on was to Herne Bay which is very different in warm weather then it had been on my previous trips there! We played on the playground and had a grand ol’ time! This week has proved to me, however, that I would not make a very good superhero because it is really hard to live a double life! I have been a tourguide/tourist by day and a collage kid by night! This schedule does not lend itself to much sleep, but I am getting enough and I really want to soak up every minute I has left!!!

On Saturday night we had my going away party (I had it on Saturday even though I don’t leave til the next Thursday because I didn’t want to disrupt my housemates studying for exams). It was a lot of fun and I was glad to have almost every one of my friends abroad there with me to celebrate! Aubrey got me a British flag and a sharpie for everyone at the party to sign so that I could have something to remember everyone by (such a great idea)! It was also fun to have Emily there because she was at both of my going away parties (going away to England and then going away from England)! Now I only have a few days left and I’m starting to feel overwhelmed! I need to pack everything up, clean everything up, turn everything in, all while trying to spend as much time with my friends as possible! It should be an adventure!!!!

No comments: