Sunday 8 June 2008

The Lost Blogs: Back with the Gang!

These next three blogs are my last blogs and were not posted at the time of these events but I want to finish my blog properly! Once you read them you should see why I did not have time to blog at the time!

Well, I’m back from Germany and starting the last two weeks of my study abroad experience! Its weird, I feel very torn. Part of me is ready to go home. I miss my family and my home and that homesickness is manifesting in strange ways. The other day I had a craving for Eggo waffles, the little round ones. I haven’t eaten those since I was like 7 but I really wanted them! On the other hand, I can’t imagine leaving here! I have been trying to soak up every last minute of my time with my friends here. The weather has been really pretty these past two weeks (let me clarify that by really pretty I mean mostly sunny and upper 60s)! In England you have to take advantage of pretty weather because it doesn’t stick around very long, so everyone has been hanging out on the hill overlooking the cathedral. We take blankets out there and relax in the sunshine! Not only is this a fun, but it’s a great way to meet new people because EVERYONE is out on the lawn! I have met some really good new friends from sitting out on the lawn! Through Will AJ and Lewis I have been introduced to Vicki – a very sweet girl from just outside London, Carly – an energetic and sweet girl from Ireland, Matt – a funny guy from Wales, and Becky – a fashionable and wonderful girl! This group of friends and I (along with my friend Jenna from New York) have been hanging out almost everyday! On Thursday nights we go to Karaoke at K-bar which is a lot of fun because the whole group picks songs to sing together! And on Friday nights we go to Magic Mungos which is a night of cheesy songs and dancing! Its been really bitter sweet getting to know these new friends because I know I will be leaving them in a little over two weeks. I have a feeling we will be keeping in touch though!

No comments: